Adding SMS numbers and email addresses to Shield Communications
When a communication is initiated, Shield sends the communication to the email/phone numbers contained in the Email and SMS Number columns of the Personnel table.
A Shield Administrator or Read/Write user with access to the Supporting Data component can select additional columns from the Personnel table that contain email or SMS information. This allows Shield to send the communication to these additional email/phone numbers each time a communication is initiated.
To select additional communication columns:
- Login to your SHIELD account: https://shieldbcp.com
- Navigate to the “Supporting Data” component.
- Select “Personnel” under “Data Tables in Your Plan”.
- Review the column titles listed. If you wish to add a column in your personnel table as a communication column, click the click the arrow next to “Personnel” on the left.
- Select “Edit This Table’s Columns” from the fly-out.
- Select the drop-down menu next to column you would like to use for communication purposes.
- Select either Communication Email or Communication SMS Number depending on what you have populated in the selected column.
- Save your changes.
All Communications from Shield will now be sent to the additional columns set as Communication Email or Communication SMS Number.