Setting a filter to select Shield Communication recipients
The recipients of a Shield communication can be selected by Team, by role (Team Leader, Alternate Team Leader, etc.), individually, or by setting filter.
- Login to your SHIELD account: https://shieldbcp.com
- Navigate to the “Communication Tools” Component.
- Select “Send Message”.
- Compose an SMS and/or Email message by completing the relevant fields.
- To choose individuals to receive your message based on a filter, select “Add Individuals by Filter”.
- Click ‘choose a column’ to view the columns available in your Personnel database on which you can base your filter:
- Select the column you would like your filter based on and enter a value for your filter. In this example, the user is wishing to send a communication to individuals with a Location equal to New York.
- Once you click ‘Save Filter you will see the list of recipients that correspond to your filter. You can then click ‘Send Now’ to send your message to these individuals.