Generating and Editing Reports
Reports are a useful way of sharing aspects of a database with a team or teams on an as-needed basis. For example, a Critical Vendors database may include some information that is sensitive. This sensitive information may be essential for some teams, but non-essential for other teams. One team may require Account Numbers whereas another may require Contact Information. Generating reports for these teams allows the Administrator to customize the information accessible to each team.
- Login to your SHIELD account: https://shieldbcp.com
- Select a Team (we are going to select the "Call Center Team") to add a report to by navigating 'My Plan' > 'Response' > 'Team' > 'Call Center Team'.
- Click the chevron icon to the right of the team name and select “+ Add Report” from the fly-out menu.
- The new report will appear under the team title (based on the personnel database) in the left hand pane. Click the chevron to the right of New Report and click the chevron. Select 'Edit this report'.
- In the edit window:
- Change the name of the report at the top.
- Choose the table/data the report will pull from using the drop down arrow.
- Select the columns you would like to include by clicking the column names. Included columns are black. Columns not included will appear in strikethrough.
- Pick which rows and columns are included in the report by selecting “Include all rows” or by selecting “Select custom rows”. For “Select custom rows” select the rows you would like to have appear in the report.
- Once you have made your desired modifications click the green “Save” button.
- Your report will appear in the left hand pane with the edits reflected.